Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yu N Mi Sushi

Dining Companions: Crystinue C, Julie K, Melissa O
Date: 5-6-09

Monday and Wednesday ritual.  Sushi after pilates.  Is it counter productive?  "I think not!" I say as I rationalize my obsession with sushi to myself.  After all, I would eat the sushi anyway, at least this way I'm getting in some pilates first!

This time, we were seated near the sister Kardashian- Khloe and Kortney- and Kortney's overtanned boyfriend Scott.  The only thing I could see that they ordered was some cucumber salad thing that Khloe picked at and I thought I saw a Spicy Tuna #2 Roll too (but that's nothing new, EVERYONE orders that there.

We ordered our usuals: The Nicky Roll (soybean wrapper over rice with shrimp tempura and a baked shrimp on top, amazing sauce with sesame seeds), The Spicy Tuna #2 (a classic spicy tuna cut roll with ground up wasabi/seaweed chips on top and wasabi roe), and The El Nino Roll (pepper tuna, crab, avocado, smelt egg, and amazing fried onion pieces ala French's canned onions along with an amazing creamy sauce).  I also added some salmon sushi which comes with a piece of kelp and sesame seeds.

Our favorite sushi chef, Aki, as usual sent over some kind of unusual snack.

I also have to say, I'm not really an iced tea person, but their iced tea is so good.  It's a green iced tea (boy is it green!!!) and it has a nice flavor that needs very little sweetener.

9475 Santa Monica Blvd.

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

No comments: