Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Berri's Pizza Cafe

Dining Companion: Emily A
Date: 5-5-09

Not wanting to deal with the crowds at Mexican restaurants, Emily came over to do her laundry and we ordered in and watched TV.  

I ordered my usual coconut shrimp with tamarind sauce and decided to forgo my usual clam appetizer (which is good but can be a bit salty) and get a nice salad with parmesan cheese, tomatoes, pine nuts, and arugala.  The salad was a new item for me and I really liked it.  The dressing was like a creamy balsamic and went well with the ingredients of the salad.  It must have smelled pretty good because when I went into the kitchen to grab a soda, I turned around and saw my dog on the couch leaning over into my salad having a bit of a nibble.

Emily ordered the "sacred dish", a chicken dish with vegetables.  She liked it, but didn't think it was anything special.  

The pizzas and pastas at Berri's are good too.

The delivery was on time.  The food was good, as always, but somehow, it just seems like a lot of money for what you get.  We didn't get any bread with our meal either.  It's good, and open late, and there's a wide variety of items, but maybe it's just a bit expensive??

* Note: If you get their menu, there are coupons inside- they help!

No comments: