Monday, April 13, 2009

Spelling Mistakes on Menus

You spend time in culinary school or in kitchens learning your craft. You get good enough to find backers and you break ground on your restaurant. You pick the vendors, the tables, the wallpaper, and you hire the perfect staff. So why not take a second glance at the menu or have someone else edit your menu?? Some errors are small, some are large, but regardless it detracts from the fine dining experience. I'm sure this posting will invite everyone to go over all my postings for errors and maybe I need to stop reading "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves" but it does bother me.

Major Offenders?
* It kills me to say it, but Fred Eric. Delicious food, atrocious spelling. The menu at Tiara Cafe is rife with spelling errors. We went in on 4-28-09 and he spelled Aloha as "Ahloha". And don't get me started on the way he spelled burrata last time we were in.



If you see any, write in and file a comment!

No comments: