Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Magnolia Bakery (NY)


What is a trip to NY without a visit to Magnolia Bakery?

Even though the LA Magnolia outpost should be open soon, I couldn't resist the chance to sneak one of their treats this week. So I went on my first day in NY. And I may go again.

I was surprised to find that there were two other locations in addition to the Bleecker Street location I was familiar with. Apparently, there is one 4 blocks from where I am staying. Danger! Danger!

Last night, we stopped off at the Columbus Street location. I had a chocolate cupcake with their sugary seafoam green icing. Crys had the miniature chocolate pudding pie- soooo cute! I finished my cupcake and glass of milk in record time in their cute shabby-chic style dining area.

The store also sells the Magnolia Bakery cookbook which I have never made anything out of but my friend Esther made me the cupcakes once for my birthday and dare I say that they were just as good as the actual bakery. I highly recommend the bakery...and the cookbook!!!

No comments: