Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Village Idiot

Dining Companion: Emily A.
Date: 8-2-08

We both ordered the same exact things so you're getting a two-fer as far as opinions go.  The salad had avocado, arugula (which seems to not be the trendy lettuce anymore for some reason), shaved parmesan slips, and golden beets.  The salad had just the right amount of dressing- not soaked, not dry.  It was delicious.  If I wasn't a lady, I might have licked my plate. Who am I kidding?  I'm hardly a lady.

We then moved onto the mussels.  It's a good sized dish and it comes with chunks of herby garlicky toasted sourdough bread.  The bread was amazing.  The mussels were good.  The broth (usually the best part) was wayyyyy too salty.  The mussels are cooked in ale and leeks and garlic.  There may have been some italian parsley as well.

We split the strawberry rhubarb tart but they ran out of vanilla ice cream so we settled for mint chip.  Mint chip does not go well with strawberry rhubarb.  It kind of tasted like a pop tart. 

My companion enjoyed her chardonnay.  I enjoyed my prosecco.

The Village Idiot
7383 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046

No comments: